New Years Fun

Our New Year's celebration started out at Ticos Steakhouse with Jake, Paige & Sophie; Bill, Rebecca, Maddie & Carter; and Me, Justin & Addison. I was VERY anxious, considering we had four kids, but it went really well. All the kids (young and old) were very well behaved!

After Ticos, we bought a heap of fireworks and set off to the Russell's new home to start the show. The girls sat on the porch bundled up with the kidos while the guys put on a firework show. Addison loved watching the fireworks. She would follow them way up into the sky and even reach out for them, I guess trying to catch them. Too funny!

Addison stayed up until around 11:00, and then she hit her limit, so we headed to the house. I am so proud of her for staying up that long, since she spent the afternoon with her MiMi and cousins, and sweet talked her way out of her afternoon nap :-)

Here are some pics..



I hope each of you had a wonderful New Year's Eve celebration. What a great time of year to look back at all the many blessings the Lord has bestowed upon us, and praise Him for being our Jehovah-jireh, our ultimate provider! Justin and I feel so unworthy of all the gifts God has given to us this year. Our baby girl, good jobs, a wonderful home, great friends and family, a wonderful marriage, but most importantly, a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Him. We have the joy of knowing that apart from the Lord, we are nothing, and we begin this New Year with the clear understanding that He is the light at our feet as we step forward into this new year!

4 comments:

The TAYLOR FAMILY said...

Lisa and Justin, This is Brandi (Jones) Taylor from Pearl! How are you?

steele family said...

Amen to that! Happy New Year!!

The TAYLOR FAMILY said...

So Glad I found you ! Please tell Justin hello! What a great way to keep in touch. Do you have any other high school friends blogs? Where are you two living? What a beautiful baby you have!!!!!!

Andi said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Addison is growing up so much....I can't believe how big she's growing....she's such a cutie!!