Four Week Check-Up


Yesterday, we went for Addison's weekly weight check and it seems as though I am eating some of my boastful words from her 3wk check...like "the feeding champion of all moms". Addison Grace only gained TWO measly ounces this week. Can you believe it...all this nursing I have been doing, and we only get 2 ounces!! As you can tell, I'm a little disappointed. The doc wants us to come back to see him on Friday for another weight check. If she has not made "significant improvements" (whatever that is) on Friday's check then he wants to begin supplementing. He has made some suggestions regarding her nursing technique and schedule (I'll spare you the detail), and on Friday we will develop a game plan based on what improvements she has made.
As for the sleeping...she is officially a BIG GIRL! She slept in her big girl bed like a champ. The only problem was actually going to sleep in her big girl bed!! It took me almost 4 hours to get her settled in and asleep. But once she finally got to sleep, she did awesome. So, thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement. Hopefully, I will not have to eat these words as well.

3 comments:

Jason & Meg said...

WOW! She really looks tiny all snuggled between you and Justin.

Amanda said...

Sweet family!:)

Anonymous said...

I had to show Scott the pic of this sweet family. Lisa you looking good!!!