
Well, it's official. Since I'm now a mom, I guess starting a blog is the next logical step. Actually, I had intentions of getting this started when I was pregnant, but like everything else...taking belly pictures, finishing the nursery, packing for the hospital, cleaning my house... I procrastinated until it was too late. Better late than never I suppose!
Here is our baby story - the story of many heavenly miracles surrounding the birth of our beautiful baby girl. Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - I had a 38 wk OB appointment that AM, then I was going to take the day off work to clean my house. The OB appointment went well. My platelet counts were still low, so my OB was going to start me on a mild steroid pack and we scheduled for an induction on Feb 5. Little did we know - the Lord had other plans!
As we were finishing up my appointment, the doc wanted to measure my belly. I was 38 wks pregnant and my belly was measuring only 35 wks. Not a big deal, as I had been measuring small for the entire pregnancy. So, like a good wife, I sent Justin back to work and told him I would call him with an update as soon as the sonogram was over. Less than one hour later I was in 'Labor and Delivery' trying frantically to get my husband to the hospital for the birth of our first child! The sonogram revealed I did not have enough fluid around the baby. I was immediately sent to the hospital for monitoring and it was determined that I was having contractions. The contractions were putting the baby at risk for distress due to the lack of fluid/cushion around her.
So, at this point I know Addison is coming. What I do not know is #1 - whether or not my husband is going to make it to the hospital in time and #2 - whether or not I am going to be able to be awake for the delivery due to my low platelets. The anesthesiologist would not do a spinal (I would have to go under general anesthesia) if my platelets were under 100,000 due to the risk of a spinal hematoma. That AM at my OB appointment, my counts were at 97,000 - very close, but not high enough. At the hospital, they re-ran my blood work and my platelets had risen to 122,000. Praise the Lord!!!
So, Justin made it to the hospital at 11:45. At 12:00 noon I was wheeled into surgery. Addison Grace Rhodes entered the world at 12:22 pm on Jan 24, 2007. So many prayers were answered on that one day. I still find it hard to believe how faithful and loving our heavenly Father is to us! We had prayed for a smooth and quick delivery - we never imagined it would be that quick! We prayed for a rise in my platelet count - he provided just in time! We prayed for a healthy child - that's what we got! Now we are a family -Mommy, Daddy and baby!

4 comments:
I am so excited that you are now a blogger!!! I am also so glad and thankful that the Lord answers our prayers. I look forward to your updates. Addison is beautiful and will soo have another friend:)
I am so glad that Elias will have a beautiful girlfriend. I loved meeting Addison Grace, she is precious. Our Lord is faithful and true.
Congrats Lisa and Justin! Addison is adorable.
Jamie Tregre Jernigan
Lisa & Justin, Addison is beautiful,just as I knew she would be. She is an answer to many prayers from many hearts.
Post a Comment