2 Month Shots

Friday, Addison went for her scheduled 2 month shots. She now weighs 9 lbs and 4 oz. The doc was pleased with her weight and approved us to continue weaning her from the formula supplement. She is still really small for her age - 3rd percentile for length, weight and head circumference. But the doc said that since she was low in all three areas that he is not worried; especially since we are continuing to work our way in the upward direction on the scale, instead of plateauing like in prior weeks. Overall, he said that we could not have asked for a happier, healthier child. She smiled the entire visit...until the shots :( I think they were more traumatic for me than her. This is the first time that Addison has cried so hard that I could not calm her. I felt helpless. On the bright side - her screams only lasted about 10 minutes, then she slept most of the afternoon.

No comments: