Well - That's what I get for bragging about Addison sleeping 12 - 14 hours per night. Lately, she has been LIVELY! I guess that is the best way to put it. She has been waking up in the early morning hours (5 - 6 am), wanting to play. Usually, she will play in her crib for a while and then go back to sleep...but not last Sunday morning. She woke up about 5 am and was squealing in her crib...not crying - this was a happy squeal! Well, I was listening to her on the monitor, but I had the video turned off. So, I had no idea what she was doing...UNTIL I heard a loud bump. Justin and I looked at one another and jumped out of bed faster than either of us have ever moved that early in the morning. We ran to her room and she was standing in her crib. (Thank the good Lord because I thought she was going to be on the floor!) Well, we could not figure out what the noise was...UNTIL Addison let go of the side of the crib, threw herself backward onto her mattress and laughed. Yes - my sweet little princess is a dare devil. She was flailing herself backward into her crib just for kicks and giggles!
Needless to say, we once again lowered her crib mattress. Here is a pic of her standing in her crib (before we lowered it) and also the play-by-play of her pulling up on the ExerSaucer. Within 2 days of her figuring out how to pull up, she can now pull herself up onto everything in my house. However, she is quickly learning that Italian tile floors are not as fun to fall onto as her crib mattress :-(

2 comments:
That is too funny. I can't wait until Brinkley becomes more active....although I am cherishing my time with her being so snuggly riht now.
Oh the many noises, bumps, and tricks of an exploring baby....PRICELESS!! She is precious and has one of the biggest most beautiful smiles I've ever seen....enjoy this time with her, before you know she will be turning one and a little bit busier getting INTO EVERYTHING!!
Post a Comment