Destin


This past week we took a vacation to Destin. We loaded the car to maximum capacity (I am still amazed at all the stuff one little girl needs), filled her car seat with lots of toys (see the pic) and off we went! Justin and I were a little anxious about how Addison would do, but she did GREAT! Our first pitstop was in Mobile, AL at my favorite resturant - Steak n Shake. When I was in Jonesboro, I ate at Steak n Shake no less than 5 times a week. So, I could not resist taking Addison for her first time.

When we got to Destin, we stayed in a condo on the beach and had a blast. Our days consisted of each morning on the beach, each afternoon in the pool, and each evening eating yummy fresh seafood! Addison loved watching the waves and all the people (especially the little kids). We went to a wonderful firework display on the Harbor for July 4th and she did not blink. She was mesmerized. Addison is SO funny...it is as though she realized during this trip that there was a big world out there that she is part of. She soaked up every bit that she could. Our biggest challenge was getting her to sleep...she did not want to miss one thing!

We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to get away from the everyday routine and spend uninterrupted time together as a family. No computer, no e-mail, no fax...just lots of fun, relaxation and yummy food!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics of Addison on the beach. Her cheeks are getting so chunky...love em. I am so glad ya'll had a great time...there is no time like family time. Great idea about taking the bumbo on the beach. You looked like a hot mama with your cow girl hat on :)

Michele said...

I'm so glad Addison did great on her first big beach trip (Chase...not so much).

I'm starting to see a lot of you, Lisa, in her. What do other people say?

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

Most people say that she has my eyes and nose, and I think she has Justin's shaped head. So, I guess she has my face on Justin's head!
One thing is for sure...she has my facial expressions. She can't hide one single emotion. They shine straight through :)

Unknown said...

I loved the pictures....I agree that Addison has your facial expressions..I want to see her. Call me.

Jennifer and Brad said...

She is getting so big. Your pics are great!!!

steele family said...

Looks like a fun trip! I definitely think she has a lot of you in her face.

Jean Anne said...

Hey Lisa, it's Jean Anne! Sorry I haven't had a chance to comment on your blog before now! Addison is a beautiful baby - love the beach pictures! It's so good to see you and keep up with your lives. Blogging is a wonderful thing! haha

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, it is your little sister :). Addison is beautiful and I am so happy for you and your family. Looks like you had a great beach trip!!