The last few weeks have been really great! We have had some much needed family time with picnics, playing at the farm, riding tractors, long afternoon drives with the windows down and the music up loud, feeding the ducks at the pond and spending some outdoor time in this beautiful weather. Justin and I took a 2 day vacation (well, I vacationed and he went to a seminar) at the Beau Rivage. We ate some great food, I did lots of shopping, and we had lots of relaxation! Then, I got some more time off work because Addison was contagious. Please note, I said contagious...NOT sick. She was diagnosed with a respiratory virus that took her out of school for a week - but she was in the best mood! We really had a fun time with some mommy/daughter bonding. She is growing up TOO fast. She is trying her best to talk. She can say about 20 words (but only 10 or 12 actually sound like they are suppose to). She can point to most of the parts on her body, although she still gets "ear" and "hair" mixed up (give her a break - they sound alot alike...especially with my southern twang)! She loves puzzles and can point out most of the animals in her books and puzzles. She is climbing everything, including OUT OF HER CRIB!!! What am I going to do? I took off her front bumper a few weeks ago, and when she finally got out, I took out her crib toy that she was pushing off from. We'll see how long that will hold her. BUT, I think we are on the fast track to a toddler bed! She is growing and developing more every day! She is always happy and smiling, and gives the best hugs and kisses! She still snuggles when she is sleepy and she loves to play with my hair. She is just silly most of the time and is constantly making us laugh. She LOVES her daddy! She wakes up yelling "dada!" and will go all through the house looking in all the rooms if she can't find him! She loves to sing, especially the "EIEIO" part from Old McDonald. But - she skips the "O" and just sings "EIEIEIEI" over and over again until someone stops her! It is too funny. I know every mom says this, but there is something special about that little girl, and I know the Lord has big plans for her! I don't remember my life without her and thank God for her everyday!
I hope each of you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did. Justin went above and beyond to make sure I had a perfect day of pampering and relaxation. No cooking, very little cleaning and a long afternoon nap...need I say more?
Yesterday, Addison and I took a rode trip to to Philadelphia, MS to see my grandmother. My mom was visiting her, so we decided to surprise them. We had a wonderful afternoon sitting on the front porch swing, listening to the birds and wind chimes, watching Addison play in the front yard. Then, today, we were able to visit with my mother in law, have a yummy lunch, long nap, and fun in the yard this afternoon. What a blessing to have such a great weekend! I am so blessed to have such a great mother and mother-in-law to honor on this day! We love you Grammy and MiMi!
Here are a few pics I took from my phone the last few weeks. I have not taken any pics from the "real" camera, because the card was full from Vegas pics (yes - I know that was in March, but remember, I have been busy!) Today, I finally dumped the pics onto the hard drive, so now I have an empty camera just waiting for a Kodak Moment!


6 comments:
Yes, I agree, it has been waaaaay tooooo looooong since you updated your blog! Even though I see my sweet granddaughter about once a week, I still love to read your writings. You are becoming such a good mama! Love 'ya!
Lisa, I'm gonna email you the crib tent that my friend Jenn has to use for her super smart daughter, Maddy. She's three in Sept and they still use it! It's amazing and I think you can get it at BRU.
Can't believe she's SO big now! She's not a baby anymore...isn't it time for #2?? :)
Happy Mother's Day!
It was sooo time for you to update. I can't wait to see you on Sunday. It has been way too long. These babies are growing up way too fast.
Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you've been having lots of fun with Addison. It just gets more and more exciting as they grow up and learn new things! :-)
We had so much fun with Addison on Sunday! We need more playdates soon :) It was great to see you and catch up. Maybe we can do it again sometime. -Mandye
Post a Comment