Were back and Better than Ever!

Hey everybody. Well - I guess were back in the blogging world. For Addison, the blog was an excellent way for me to keep track of her milestones and special events. SO - with our new addition MARLEY KATE, hopefully I can get back into the blog experience.
For those of you who have not been around...lots has changed at the Rhodes Homestead. First of all - Justin has changed a little bit! Looking back on pics from this time last year - I almost don't recognize him. He has worked so hard and has been soo disciplined. I truly admire his dedication and determination! So yall check out our recent pics and see how he has changed!
Secondly - our new addition, and true reason for jumping back into the blogging world...Marley Kate Rhodes!!
On July 29, 2009, I went for a regular weekly 36 week apt with my OB. As the norm, he asked how I was feeling. I told him I was feeling some pressure, not sleeping well, but in no pain and having no contractions (that I knew of anyway). Well, when he did his "check" he asked again if I was having any pain. I told him No - just some pressure like I needed to go to the bathroom. Well - apparently I was 3-4 cm dilated and 60% effaced. He quickly put me on a monitor and saw I was having contractions every 3 to 4 minutes. He sent me immediately to the hospital because the baby (who at this point had no name!!) was having decelerations in her heart rate after every contraction.
Once at the hospital, the monitor showed my contractions were slowing a small bit, the baby's heart rate was stable...but I was continuing to dilate. So - all of this resulted in ANOTHER last minute c-section.
I am so thankful, because during the c-section, the docs discovered that by the looks of my uterus, I had been "laboring" pretty hard and my old incision (from my first section) was paper thin! If I had not gone to the doc at that time and on that day, I have been told that it could have been a devastating situation. SO - once again...the Lord has taken such good care of us and provided a safe textbook delivery for yet another baby!
Here are some recent pics to enjoy!




8 comments:

Saranne said...

YAY!! I'm so glad your back to blogging! Marley Kate is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm on the schedule to bring ya'll dinner on Thursday the 13th, so I'll see you guys then!!!!

Jamie said...

Marley Kate is adorable. And I can't get over that Addison is not longer a baby!
Justin looks absolutely amazing! Way to go!!!!

Jamie said...

...and you look great too Lisa, as always! Congrats on your new bundle of joy.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to meet Marley Kate in person. I love that face she is making...so cute!! So happy for yall.

Kevin, Kara, Kolton, & Kannon said...

Wow! I did not realize you had Marley Kate (love the name!) already - Congrats! So glad everything went ok! You look great! What a beautiful family!

odomfamilyfun said...

Congrats on Marley Kate (love the name, too!). And, welcome back to the blog world. I check your blog weekly just in case you post :) Such a sweet family!!!

steele family said...

Congratulation! You have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

she looks good holding a baby i want mine in her, first i use her mouthpussy, her tight, sexy bum is next lots i want to see her gape, finally that lovely fat, tight, hairlesscunt